How to Build Ultra Fast Web Applications?
Web applications are becoming more and more interactive now and their performance matters very much. It is important for an application to have excellent site performance that offers a better customer experience. Rather than slow-loading pages, laggy interactions, and poor responsiveness, most users want their apps to provide seamless, lightning-fast experiences.
Here comes the need for ultra-fast web applications. Building ultra-fast web applications requires an efficient code architecture, optimised database queries, a fast hosting environment, and a content delivery network. In this article, you will learn about how to build ultra fast web applications in detail. The following are several ways you can choose to develop them.
- Have A Simple And Efficient Code Architecture
- Limit The Number of HTTP Requests
- Use A Fast Hosting Environment
- Make Use of A Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Use Lazy Loading Techniques
- Fix Broken Links in Web Applications
1. Have A Simple And Efficient Code Architecture
It is always important to have simple, easy-to-read, and clean code, as it has a great impact on the performance of applications. If you can avoid unnecessary complexity in your code and adopt a modular and well-organised architecture, you can definitely build a faster app.
Such architecture will be easier for the developers to maintain, debug, and optimise to identify any problems that may affect the performance of the site. When coding for a website, separate what you need from what you don’t and go with the simplest and most reliable approach.
2. Limit The Number of HTTP Requests
3. Use A Fast Hosting Environment
To make a website run smoothly and efficiently, you should host it through the most suitable and fast hosting providers. There are numerous hosting providers available, both local and global, with multiple offerings and a plethora of hosting plans, which may make it difficult to choose the best one for your needs. What kind of hosting will suit your application?
- You can go with a shared hosting provider if you want to host a small-scale website and are not so heavy on resources. But you may not get the desired site speed.
- Then, if you want to build a website on a medium scale, you can opt for VPS hosting.
- There are special hosting plans for websites based on WordPress.
- The dedicated hosting plans are the choice for large-scale and resource-heavy websites.
- Several public cloud providers provide fast and cheap servers, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services. Consider Linode if you’re on a tight budget.
4. Make Use of A Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Another method for developing an ultra-fast web application is to use content delivery networks, which are geographically distributed servers strategically located around the world. By using it, you can significantly improve the performance of the application. The content is served from the servers closest to the user’s location, which lowers latency.
5. Use Lazy Loading Techniques
Use lazy loading techniques wherever possible. This method loads extra content only upon request—only the content that is immediately needed. It might call for striking a balance between user needs and online performance in some web applications. Even in situations where full data is required without intervention, this technique can be applied. For instance, the technique that allows the content to load only when the user scrolls down.
6. Fix Broken Links in Web Applications
Make sure your application does not have any broken links because these can negatively impact your website’s user experience and unnecessarily increase server load. You can use browser developers to identify and eliminate the broken urls or links. If you want your broken link SEO collateral to be as minimal as possible, you must regularly check your website for broken links, especially if you are uploading a lot of new content.
So, here are a few ways you can build an ultra fast web application. You know that users have high expectations and have no time to waste on sluggish websites. They will move on if a website’s performance is not up to par. In the digital world, speed really matters. It is therefore expected of developers to create websites with a focus on speed and a dedication to ongoing improvement. The users want the websites to load instantly, respond quickly, and keep them engaged. Make sure to use the above mentioned tips to build faster web apps and stay ahead of the competition by delivering the best user experience.
Hi, my name is Rahil. I work at YUHIRO Global and I help web agencies and software companies from Europe to build developer teams in India.