What does it cost to develop a Shopify online shop?
Among the well-known content management systems, Shopify is not a newcomer. It is one of the most preferred platforms for developing a visually appealing online store for small and medium-sized businesses.
The platform’s many features, such as modern themes, scalability, high speed, security, customer support, and mobile compatibility, make it extremely easy to use.
Choosing an ecommerce platform for building a website is one of many things to do. You should be aware of the pricing plans offered by the platform to understand how they will fit into your budget and be profitable for your company. In this article, we’ll review the factors affecting the cost of building an ecommerce website and how much it costs to create an online store.
Pricing plans offered
Millions of small business owners use Shopify websites for marketing their goods and services online and offline. Shopify is a reasonably priced platform for building an online store for your company and one of the most widely used eCommerce platforms for quickly and effectively launching an online store. There are three types of pricing plans, such as the basic, standard, advanced, lite, and plus plans. To find out more, read on.
1. Basic Shopify plan (27 EUR per month)
All the tools you need to manage your business, no matter how small or new, are included in the basic plan, which has a monthly subscription fee of 27 EUR. If your store is on this plan, you can create and customise an online store according to your preferences to showcase your products or services.
- It is the cheapest way to get a fully functional eCommerce store.
- The plan includes an eCommerce store as well as a blog.
- You can sell unlimited products and set up two staff accounts.
- From your admin, you can manage all of your products, orders, and customer information.
2. Standard Shopify plan (74 EUR per month)
The plan focuses on supporting the growth of your business, offering you all the features of the basic plan along with some additional features. The extra features include lower credit card rates and transaction fees. It provides powerful reports that help you plan for growth by giving you sales information in your admin.
- You can use customer reports to gather valuable data on how your customers are using your store and who is purchasing your products.
- You must pay a monthly subscription fee of 74 EUR for the standard plan.
- Compared to the Basic plan, you can create up to five staff accounts with this pricing option.
3. Advanced Shopify plan (281 EUR per month)
Large companies and organisations looking for ways to grow their businesses will primarily benefit from the advanced plan. The Basic plan and the Advanced plan are both included, and it has all of their features as well as the lowest transaction and credit card rates. This pricing plan is the most expensive, costing 281 EUR per month. You can therefore create up to 15 staff accounts.
4. Shopify Lite plan (8.47 EUR per month)
The lite plan includes its standard features, such as the point of sale, buy buttons, and analytics pages. It doesn’t include the online store sales channel. This lite plan is meant for those who want to kickstart their business and already have a website or social media presence.
- You can sell things without needing to maintain an online store.
- With a 30-day billing cycle, it costs 8.47 EUR each month.
- Additionally, you’ll be required to pay for in-person credit card processing, which starts at 2.4 percent per transaction.
5. Shopify Plus plan (1,883 EUR per month)
Designed for high-growth online stores, this plan is an enterprise-level eCommerce solution. In terms of price, it is 1,883.25 EUR per month. With more customers, more returns, more inventory, and more daily tasks to remember to complete, everything becomes more complicated as your business expands.
- The merchants can use advanced Shopify apps designed for high-growth businesses.
- You can use this plan to gain access to its premium features, including Shopify Flow and Launchpad.
- It allows for unlimited staff accounts, allowing you to expand your workforce without incurring additional costs.
The platform allows the business to set up an online store quickly. You can easily access the website and build an eCommerce store. But when it comes to the development of the store, it will not be an easy task. That’s when the need for Shopify developers who can build custom modules or custom themes arises.
Then you must hire skilled developers to set up a website for the first time. They can help you develop an interactive and competent online store for driving sales and revenue. They use programming languages like Liquid, HTML, CSS, PHP, etc. Therefore, hiring professionals to design your online store would guarantee that you have a competitive edge in the industry.
- Rates can vary based on several factors, including expertise, experience, location, and market conditions.
- The developers with more experience may charge more.
- Still, they also work faster, have more specialised areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- The charge for hiring them for the custom development will be around 5,000 Euro to 50,000 Euro.
- The hourly rate for a beginner developer will be about 20 Euro in Asia. Around 80 Euro in Europe/ USA.
- The hourly rates of experienced developers will be approximately 90 to 150 Euro
So this article covered all the plans that Shopify offers to give you a clear idea of what it will cost to open an online shop. After the free trial, which is available for 14 days, you can eventually change to the basic plan. If you are thinking of taking it to the next level, you will have to upgrade to the advanced plans. Once you are sure about the platform, consider switching subscriptions to an annual plan, thereby saving on overall costs. So give it a try for your eCommerce development.
How to become a Shopify Developer?
Some of the Shopify Store Examples in 2023
Hi, my name is Rahil. I work at YUHIRO Global and I help web agencies and software companies from Europe to build developer teams in India.