What are the Salaries of the Software Developers in India?
Software developers have become an unavoidable part of the IT industry over the past few years. The software development sector, one of India’s most elite white-collar jobs, attracts thousands of young people. It is possible to break into the software-developing industry if you invest time and money in learning. If so, you can look forward to a successful career.
So in this article, we talk about the salaries of software developers in India. Many aspirants or students wish to know what software developers do, their salaries, and why they are highly paid.
Software Developers in India
Applications developed by software developers enable users to perform specific tasks on computers or other devices. It is also possible for them to develop or customize existing systems that control devices or networks. They tend to work from offices most of the time. The software developers are mainly bachelor’s degree holders in software engineering, computer science, information technology, or other relevant majors with relevant job experience.
- Aside from Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, BSD, Mac OS X, and Windows, they also must be familiar with various operating systems.
- Oracle (PL/SQL) and MySQL, widely used in various industries, are two databases they must understand well.
Reasons Why Software Developers are Highly Paid
We live in a digital age where everything we do is influenced by technology, including using computers or laptops for work, communication, ordering food online, playing games, downloading apps, finding entertainment, and using social media. As a result, software developers are in high demand, which explains why they earn quite a bit of money.
Check out the many other reasons other than those listed above.
1) Supply Vs. Demand
When talking about the reason, it is as simple as supply versus demand. In recent years, technology has seen the emergence of many small technological startups with a vast array of ideas. That itself explains the high demand for software engineers in India.
Small companies and many other established companies are also in dire need of software developers. Everyone, including media companies, banks, and the entertainment industry, is adapting to the digital era by producing their websites and mobile apps.
So they are recruiting more talents each year. Some are even hiring talents from different countries due to limited resources. The supply can’t keep up with the demand from the industry. That’s why software engineers are rated as highly valuable.
2) Higher Responsibilities
One factor that makes engineers earn a high salary is their responsibilities. In the case of tech startups, technology is the core of their business. So the software developers or engineers have a direct impact on the business. It is a high responsibility.
They are in charge of making the product, so the company’s system should be reliable in the long run. Even one hour of server downtime may cost the company millions of dollars. So the software developers are of high value to the company.
Because technology is rapidly changing, it is critical for software developers to be adaptable to current technological trends and to stay up to date on upcoming technologies. What we knew a few years ago cannot be relevant today.
Salary Range for Software Developers in India
Software developers have impressive salaries in India. They are in great demand and well-paid due to their necessity in daily life and the workplace. We use a developer’s hard work every time we use our phones or laptops to visit a website or use an app. Salary estimates are based on salaries received from software developers.
Average Salary Based on the Job Roles
Software developers can have different job roles, such as application software developers, systems software developers, full-stack developers, etc. Check out the average salary range of the software developers for the mentioned job roles.
Application Software Developer Salary in India
Application software developers’ pay scales in India can change depending on their experience level. It differs for experienced developers with 1 to 4 years of experience and those with less than one year of experience.
- The average salary an application software developer can earn is about 6,245.63 EUR
- A developer with less than one year of experience can get a salary of around 4,293.59 EUR per annum.
- The developers with 1 to 4 years of experience can get around 5,503.52 EUR per annum
- Mid-level application software developers in India with 5 to 9 years of experience earn an average of 10,870.37 EUR per year.
- A senior-level application software developer in India earns 17,392.92 EUR per year, so as your experience and skills increase, so do your earnings.
Systems Software Developer’s Salary in India
Developing networks and operating systems for user-facing applications falls under system software developers’ purview. They need to consider both the hardware and software requirements.
- A system software developer makes, on average, 7,338.69 EUR.
- The average salary for a system software developer with under a year of experience is around 5,725.85 EUR.
- Early-level system software developers with 1 to 4 years of experience get around 6,618.61 EUR per annum.
- An experienced mid-level system software developer in India makes 14,935.93 EUR annually.
- Senior-level system software developers in India can earn over 24,766.96 EUR a year as their experience and skills increase.
Full-Stack Developer Salary in India
They are web application developers skilled in working with front-end, back-end, clients, servers, and databases. On average, they earn 7,764.45 EUR per year.
- In India, the average entry-level full stack developer salary for recent graduates is 4,667.26 EUR.
- A full-stack developer in their early careers with 1-4 years of experience makes, on average, 6,882.73 EUR per year.
- Employees with 5-9 years of experience can expect to earn between 14,935.24 EUR to 17,424.44 EUR.
- The average mid-level full-stack developer salary in India is 17,121.87 EUR per year.
India offers one of the highest compensation packages in the world for software developers. The numbers listed above are estimates. Your skills, level of mastery in them, and rate of personal and professional growth are the real determinants of your salary.
More information about software development
What are the salaries of Freshers & Experienced software developers in india?
Hi, my name is Rahil. I work at YUHIRO Global and I help web agencies and software companies from Europe to build developer teams in India.